If you have attended a meeting in the month of January 2011, please comment under this blog and I will add it upon approval. This will help keep the community informed.
These are the collected highlights for town council meetings in Fort Mill, SC:
Gary S.- January 3, 2011
1. The planning stages for the street paving projects were moving along very well. These projects should proceed this spring.
2. Recreational fields were being prepared for the spring seasons.
3. Budgets seemed to be in good shape.
4. Counselors did seem patriotic.
5. The people here care about their city.
Larry B- January 4, 2011
1. Impact fees are behind due to slow housing market.
2. Proposed new schools include: High School and Middle School-Land is being acquired to build these schools.
3. Maintenance of school building is satisfactory.
4. Budget shortfalls are present, however the major cuts have been made.
5. Charter schools are getting the focus of the State Legislature.
6. The attitude and focus of the board points to an excellent school district.
William W.- January 4, 2011
York County Council
Business included the expansion of Government by taking over the museums of the county under York County. The people fought this, and there was good attendance here.
Government size needs to be controlled.
Gary S- January 17, 2011
York County-Fort Mill Town Council
Maintenance projects on roads were moving along very well. Warm weather should allow crews to
finish some projects.
Road Safety Design features were discussed.
New Road and turnouts were discussed for strip malls.
Bill W- January l8, 2011
1. The Tower Project from Morningstar Ministries was the focal point of this meeting.
2. Speakers from Morningstar (lay people) made excellent presentations to the County Council.
3. The Council was listening very well.
4. 80 people from Morningstar attended the meeting. This project should go forward. This would help the economy of York County.
Larry B- January 18, 2011
York County- Fort Mill School Board Meeting
1. District 4 school district just received a very good academic evaluation.
2. Synthetic marijuana is being sold over the counter. Legislation needs to be enacted to prevent the sale of synthetic marijuana to students. This is known as K-2.
3. Building maintenance is going very well district wide.
These are the collected highlights for town council meetings in Mecklenburg County, NC: